Wednesday, January 10, 2007

That old familiar fear...

"...that old familiar fear is tearin' at my words. What am I so afraid of?..."
- Here I Go Again, Casting Crowns
I have no idea what to do about this Hope Valley thing. I want to go back but I dont. If I do I am afraid they will ask me to do a devotion for the girls and that scares me soo much. I have no idea what I would do!! Im stuggling with reading the Bible as it is. I doubt I would be able to write a whole devotion from a book I barely know anything about. Everytime I think about everything I have been writting about the past couple days, my chest gets all tight. All this anxiety... Im listening to Voice of Truth by Casting Crowns now. Such a good song! When they played it live at Kingdom Bound I got a little emotional. Look up the lyrics sometime. They are so comforting. WHoa! Jesus is good with giving me ideas! I can do a devotion on fear! The fear of speaking out and/or doing God's will for your life. It is amazing how God can use your biggest fears and turn them around. This is becoming my truth blog, telling about everything I am scared of and stuff...

3 comments:

Mike said...

Hey,
Remember that the hard things in life are the ones most worth doing.
OR
DO HARD THINGS!

w00t to sudden, unexpected revelations!

Mike

Anonymous said...

The thought of doing a devo scares me too, but it's the scary things that God wants us to do right? He wouldn't just make them easy, He wants us to step out of our comfort zones... all i can say is pray about it :o)

Jerry said...

2 Timothy 1:6-7
"For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control."

There's nothing wrong with being afraid, as long as you face your fears rather than being paralysed by them. Scripture tells us that if we ask Him to help us to do things (things that He wants us to do) that he will enable us:

1 John 5:14
"And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him."