Monday, June 09, 2008

Day 13 - My crazy day!

I am so tired tonight. I spent like 20 minutes trying to locate the computer lab which is conveniently located on the other side of the college. I talked to my family for a good 45 minutes tonight which I have been looking forward to for a couple days now. AND we ate this weird cheddar (or cheater as Ailin pronounces it) and broccoli soup for dinner that made most people sick. And of course there is the whole get up early and go to bed late thing. the sun is barley even beginning to set and its only 9:10 pm here.

What funny anecdotes can I relay to you tonight... well check the fortmac08.blogspot.com one for my "Bear in two minutes!" tale. That one got us a laugh, and a fright. I had a pretty eventful day so I guess I will just start there.

This morning my alarm didn't go off for some reason even though I checked and it definitely should have. So I got up at 8 when we were supposed to be eating breakfast and showered really quickly (my family won't believe that) and ate some cereal which was gross because I wasn't hungry. Then it was decided that because I have a CAA membership I was going to stay behind with Bill (who arrived up here Friday) and call a tow truck because our van still is not fixed (thaaank you Canadian Tire...). I had so many issue with info that I didn't know and was put on hold about 15 times (no joke) and in the 3 phone calls I made to them. Then Jen's phone (the only one I had) was dying and kept beeping at me angrily. I ran around our apartment trying to find her charger which is still lost. Finally I just went and sat in the van and waited for the tow truck, thinking it could take up to 4 hours for them to get there. I actually almost fell asleep but luckily I opened my eyes and noticed that the tow truck was here. It had only taken about 45 minutes. (it is only 10:30 at this time by the way).

The hook up went relatively easily, we got in the tow truck and the driver (nice guy) was taking us to Canadian Tire. Half way there I realize my wallet was not in my pocket. He pulled over and Bill stepped on on the side step of the truck (it being quite tall, big enough to carry a safari van) and the trucker guy got out to check the van. I was chatting with the driver and here "Sarah" spoken feebly behind me. I turned around and there is Bill..on the ground...fallen on his back...on the side of the road...in a puddle... I burst out laughing! oh man...the poor guy fell probably about 3 feet onto his back. He wasn't hurt which was good but I definitely told this story about 5 times already today... So anyways. The driver being a great guy took us back to the parking lot and I found my wallet. Then Bill and I walked over to the Dugout after dropping the van off at CT.

The rest of the day was fine... I planned out the lessons for the drama elective which is giong to be happening in July at the Dugout. We are going to have a bunch of electives planned (about 4 a day or something) for 4 weeks and I guess it will kind of be like camp or something. Just different programs kids can just come as they please during the summer. So ya...

To end, I have my first interview for Ink Speaks tomorrow! I am thuper duper excited and so just pray that that will go well. And of course it is my birthday on Wednesday! yay! Okay enough for now. Miss you!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

sorry it is sooo long!

Mike said...

long? this? not even!

sounds exciting though...

Em said...

Glad your having a thriller time Sarah!
Missing you a lot...

Love you!