Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Fort Mac Journey - Day One

Hey everyone!

I need to go shower so I will make this quick. I already miss you all!

We pretty much drove the whole day. We didn't actually get started until about 10:30 because we stopped at KAOS so Rick could make some calls. Seana started out and got the funnest drive, 401 baby! Than I went for about 3 and a half hours and then Amanda took over for the last 3 1/2 hour leg of the journey.

We made quite a few stops on the way, the first at Leah Jean's and then at many Tim Horton's because Rick needs his coffee. Right now I am at Leah's grandparents in Bruce Mines, Ontario, which I have been told is about 15 miles from Elliot Lake or something like that.

Really not that much happened. I am in a car with Seana, Melody and Amanda. It isn't too cramped and we have a lot of fun! We named the car Mailun which is Lumina with all the letters mixed up. I call her Mail for short but everyone else wants to call her May or something. What fun is that?! We listened to Jump 4, some of melody's random Japanese music, and watched Back to the Future 2 on the laptop.

Tomorrow should be fun. I mean today we drove basically from 10:30 until 7:30-ish. Tomorrow is going to be about 2 hours longer. We have been reminded to stop in Wawa for gas and not to speed because the cops love it there...Thank you Mrs Telford!

Tonight we had a great worship and devo time. Melody had us do a friendship web and I think it was great just to hear more about the people we are traveling with and also to give some affirming words to everyone. So far I am loving the people I am going to be working with. They are all so genuinely excited to be here and I can tell God has brought us all together for a reason. We will see what those purposes are in His time though!

Alright so that is my update. Read Seana's on Fortmac08.blogspot.com for more info.

Love you all and miss you soo much!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss you too babe!
Glad day 1 was good :)
Love you!

Emily
(I dont remember my password so I am anonymous haha)

Sarah said...

haha well figure it out! I am still curious to know the world "through emily's eyes".

Anonymous said...

... you mock me .....

It hurts.. though not really...

Em