Thursday, May 29, 2008

Day Two

We have stopped in Marathon, Ontario (look it up) on one of our many (yet still too few) rest stops on our way to Thunder Bay. I am sitting in this little Library right now waiting for people to call me telling me we can leave. We still have over three hours to drive and I am up for the driving duty, I believe.

So Seana and I got really bored on the drive and sitting in the front seat, soooo I decided to document what happened every minute of our drive for about 20 minutes. Here is what we got:

1:00 pm - We are bored. Madness is consuming us. Rick is going 10 k/m over the speed limit.
1:01 - We just passed Fungus Lake, Fungus Creek and Paint Lake. We thought these names were quite humorous.
1:02-03 - We laughed at the thought of our femurs (again, look it up) going through our butt.
1:04-05 - We talked about the after-taste of a banana, which led to talk of poo and how I know what poo tastes like because I drank water. (Don't ask)
1:06 - I fell behind in documenting minute by minute.
1:07 - We thought of Michael Jackson.
1:08 - We pumped up the jams. And then switched lanes and giggled about it.
1:09 - Rick switched before the end of the lane. We used our crippled wipers to rid our windshield of bug residue. We passed water.
1:10 - We decided to watch a movie.
1:11 - Thanks to me picking the right hand (the hand on the right) we chose Ratatouille.
1:12 - We admired "our car" Mail. Manitouwadge sounds like sewage.
1:13 - Movie has begun. Buds splatter. Wipers go for the 10th time. Seana spat on the steering wheel.
1:14 - We laughed at the previous entry. I stuttered (in Spanish). We talked about how cute Wall-E is and giggles.
1:15 - Seana's pinkie finger hurts.
1:16 - We laughed at the thought of our femurs going through our butt.
1:17 - Decided to stop minute by minute documentation.
1:19 - Resumed minute by minute documentation because I am such an idiot that I had to document my idiocrity. I tried to pour water on to the windshield, it blew back onto my arm, watch and everywhere inside the car.
3:42 - "Are you sure he isn't just a mole with a mole's face?"
3:45 - Waved at construction men. I spat on the steering wheel. Gross!
5:36 - Sitting in a parking lot trying to find internet.
6:36 - Sitting in the Marathon library typing while sitting beside Amanda and deciding to make a facebook group for Fort Mac 08.

So that is us so far. I have no idea what time we are going to get in tonight, but I do know that over the next couple days we are driving for a much longer time. For example, today we are driving 755 kilometers. Tomorrow 926 and the day after (which I liked to refer to as Hobbema Day or Death Day) an incredible 1518! That is probably going to kill us. that is at least 9 hours of driving each with two drivers per car.

Well that is all for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey baby it's Dad. It's great to read about the first two days. I can't wait for the next time you can get to some access. I was watching the weather news and it sounds like you may have driven through some rain. How was that? I'm guessing yesterday and today have wiped you out from the long hours in Mailun. Love you and tell everyone you are all in our prayers here.